Our fundraising promise
MS Research Treatment & Education (MS Research) adheres to the Institute of Fundraising ‘Code of Fundraising Practice’ and Fundraising Standards Board guidelines.
If you plan to fundraise in support of MS Research please make sure you are safe and legal. Please read the following guidelines before you begin:
- Please encourage eligible donors and/or sponsors to make gift aid declarations. This will make the most of your fundraising efforts by enabling us to recover basic rate tax on their donations.
- MS Research’s charity number is 1043280 – please display this number on any fundraising materials created.
- Any fundraising materials you may use must not suggest that you represent MS Research, only that you are fundraising in support of us.
- We don’t advise you to collect money in a public place or door to door. If you do choose to do so, you’ll need your own licence from your local authority (you should find details about this on your local authority’s website).
- If children (under 16) are involved in fundraising in any way, please make sure that they have permission from their parent or guardian and are properly supervised by a responsible adult. Children should never approach strangers about fundraising.
- If you are planning any type of lottery (such as a raffle, tombola or sweepstake), please be aware that there are strict rules about what you can do. You will find useful guidance on lotteries at gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
- If you do something that threatens or damages the name or reputation of MS Research we will ask you to stop fundraising immediately.
We love to receive photographs of your fundraising efforts!
If you wish to share these with us, please email us on
For any further questions on MS Research’s fundraising, please contact us on: